Free Fitness & Nutrition Clinics
These clinics are free to Wellness Center members and will be held the 2nd Wednesday and 3rd Thursday of each month at 6am, 9:30am, and 6:30pm on the Mezzanine.
- ABsolute Truth – The secret to a smaller waist and seriously tough abs is revealed. You won’t want to miss this clinic! Join us and we will show you a core-busting, calorie-burning workout!
- Back to Health – If you have or ever have had a sore back, then this clinic is for you. Come learn how to recover from a back injury as well as strengthen the muscles of the back to help prevent injury or re-injury.
- Back to Basics - Are you a new member or do you need some refreshing on incorporating strength training into your workout? Come learn the important concepts of strength training and form as well as what exercises would work best for you!
- BOSU Training - The BOSU is great for beginners, experienced fitness enthusiasts, athletes, bodybuilders and anyone who wants challenging and fun exercises. The BOSU is an excellent tool for improving balance and core strength. Come learn how this can be incorporated into your workout!
- Fighting the Flu with a Fork - Flu season is around the corner. This clinic will teach you healthy foods you can eat to remain healthy throughout flu season. Your nutrition can be your best medicine and prevention!
- Foam Rolling – Foam rolling uses deep compression, just like a massage, to help roll out muscle spasms. The compression over-stimulates the nerves, signaling the muscle spasm to shut off. Allowing the muscle to relax and loosen up. Foam rolling also increases blood flow to the tissue, which can aid in muscle recovery. Join us to learn how to properly use the foam roller and how to incorporate its use into your workouts.
- Free Motion Clinic - Using cable machines to weight train gives you the benefits of free weights and machine weights; you get the support of a machine but challenge your muscles like with a free weight. Learn how to use the Free Motion machines properly to make your strength training workouts more effective.
- Hello Hydration - It’s important to stay hydrated throughout the summer. This clinic will teach you the right amount of fluids your body needs before, during, and after exercise.
- Holiday Survival Guide – The average Americans gains 7-10 pounds over the holidays and many never take it back off. Don't be another statistic. Learn the tips and tricks to ward off holiday weight gain.
- Kettle Bells – Are you interested in burning fat, building muscle, and increasing strength and stamina? Then kettle bell training is for you! Learn how to get a total body workout with just one piece of equipment!
- Life Fitness - This clinic will review basic set up and function of the Life Fitness Equipment to help you get the most from these state of the art machines. You will learn how to position yourself and how to safely use the Life Fitness equipment.
- Making Better Choices - Eating healthy can be difficult but this clinic will teach you tips on how to follow a healthy diet.
- Medicine Ball Core Training - Medicine ball training is suitable for all ages, fitness levels and sizes. They allow improved range of motion, core strength, coordination, flexibility, joint integrity, and upper and lower body strength. The great thing is that you can involve a partner or simply use a solid, sturdy wall. Come learn how to incorporate the medicine ball into your workout routine to maximize your core training program!
- Menu Myths Debunked - We asked you and now you’ll get your answer. We will answer questions from a member survey on commonly asked nutrition questions. Get ready to test your nutrition IQ!
- Portion Teller - Eating proper portion sizes helps keep your heart-healthy diet on track. An RMH registered dietitian will predict your portion plan for the future of your heart’s health.
- Rethink your Drink - Do you know how many calories you are really consuming from your beverages? Many beverages can have up to 150 calories in an 8 oz serving! We tend to be more aware of our food consumption, but are you as conscious of your liquid diet? Learn about low calorie, healthy options.
- Senior Fitness – It is never too late to benefit from an increase in physical activity! A well-rounded program for older adults should include aerobic endurance, strength, flexibility, and balance/agility. Join us as we demonstrate how to safely incorporate all these areas of exercise into your workouts!
- Shop ‘til you Drop – Don't get lost in the maze of aisles at the grocery store. Let the RMH Dietitians give you guidance on how to navigate the grocery store so you can shop to help you drop pounds.
- Stability Ball Core Training – Come learn how to incorporate the stability ball into your workout routine to maximize your core training program!
- Tailgating Tips – TOUCHDOWN! When it comes to tailgating foods, it's sometimes hard to find a healthy option. Learn how to turn your favorite guilty pleasures into low fat, healthy options without sacrificing the taste
- The Skinny on Weight Loss Supplements- Part 2 – We all want a quick fix, but diet and exercise are still the best ways to lose weight. Learn what really happens when you take weight loss supplements, and discover the healthy way to lose weight and keep it off!
- ViPR Training - Come learn how to use our newest fitness tool, the ViPR! The ViPR uses a variety of action-packed exercises that work your body in three planes of motion to simultaneously improve strength, cardio, and balance. These full-body movements lead away from conventional single plane exercises, so you can get a workout that's anything but boring!
- Weight Loss Supplements: Fact or Fiction? We all want a quick fix, but diet and exercise are the best ways to lose the weight. Learn about what really happens when you take weight loss supplements and learn about the right way to lose the weight and keep it off.
- What you Don't Know, Common Myths Debunked – Don't let fad diets get in the way of your success. Slow and steady wins the race! Learn how to be successful with your diet by finding out once and for all the nutrition fact from fiction.
- Youth Fitness – This clinic is perfect for kids ages 10-16 who want to learn the safest, most effective way to strength train.