The Martha Jefferson Sleep Medicine Center was pleased to receive accreditation from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM). The AASM's Standards for Accreditations and guidelines are designed to guarantee quality and meet the needs of patients and referring physicians. Some of the AASM requirements and objectives include:
- Clean, comfortable patient environment where patient dignity and safety are upheld.
- Adherence to evidence based practice parameters.
- Knowledgeable, trained technical staff.
- Requirement of the presence of a sleep specialist, reviewing all sleep studies conducted at the facility.
- Professional and technical staff members who are required to remain current in the field of sleep medicine.
- Relationship with appropriate clinical specialties.
- Quality assurance plan with several QA parameters are regularly monitored.