Peanut Butter-Banana Mini Muffins
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
¾ cup creamy natural peanut butter
1 cup mashed bananas (from 2 bananas)
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup plain nonfat yogurt
¼ cup honey
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line mini muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and baking soda in medium bowl; mix well.
3. Beat peanut butter, bananas, brown sugar, yogurt, egg, honey, oil and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
4. Add flour mixture. Stir with wooden spoon just until combined. Do not overmix.
5. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
6. Bake 12-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Makes ~36 mini muffins.
Note: These are great snacking for car rides. Make ahead and freeze in sandwich-size baggies, 6 muffins to a bag.