YIKES! There is Too Much Candy!!
If this is the cry in your home after Halloween, let me share with you some ideas to unload at least some of the candy:
- Freeze some candy for later treats
- Smash the hard candy and chop up the chocolate candy and freeze in containers. These candy pieces can be added to batter to make special-occasion muffins, pancakes, brownies and cakes. Or sprinkle as a topping on ice cream or stir into a milkshake
- Small wrapped pieces of candy can be stuffed into a pinata for an upcoming party
- Reserve the most colorful pieces to decorate gingerbread houses at holiday time
- Melt the chocolate candy to make a creamy chocolate sauce
- Add small chocolate pieces to a trail mix that includes nuts, whole-grain cereal and pretzels
- Package up candy to send to our soldiers
- Donate to your church or nursing home for their holiday parties.