Makes 12 (¼ cup) servings.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in medium saucepan.
- Add the following vegetables: 1 chopped medium red bell pepper, 1 chopped medium green bell pepper, ½ finely chopped red onion and 1 chopped celery stalk. Sauté until slightly tender.
- Stir in 1/8 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes and 1/3 cup fat-free half & half cream. Add ½ cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese and ¼ cup or 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese. Blend until the cream cheese has combined into the liquid ingredients to be smooth and creamy.
- Stir in 1 (4-ounce) jar drained and diced pimento.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with baked corn or tortilla chips.