Tortellini with Fresh Spinach Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
- In frying pan heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Add 1 teaspoon minced garlic and 1 medium chopped onion.
- Sauté for several minutes until the onion softens.
- Add 1 package fresh baby spinach, 1 diced fresh tomato, ¼ cup chopped fresh basil and ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook until spinach wilts.
- Stir in 1 cup fat-free half & half cream and 3 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Keep warm while cooking pasta.
- Cook 1 package fresh reduced-fat cheese tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain and place on serving platter.
- Top with spinach sauce and serve warm.