1½ cups all-purpose or unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup no-trans-fat margarine or
1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla
vegetable cooking spray
½ cup raspberry or apricot fruit
spread (can be sugar-free)
1. Combine the flour and baking soda in
medium bowl; set aside.
2. Beat margarine/butter, egg white and
vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at high speed until blended. Add
flour mixture; mix well. Press mixture together to form a ball. Cover with
plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
3. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly
coat a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
4. With lightly floured hands, shape
dough into 20 1-inch balls. Place on cookie sheet. Press down with thumb in
center of each ball to form an indentation. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove to wire rack to cool. If the indentation has puffed up, press down again while cookie is still warm. Fill
each indentation with 1 teaspoon fruit spread. Makes 20 cookies.