Roasted Chickpeas for Snacking
1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
3 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt (optional)
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder (decrease amount if you prefer a milder flavor)
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine chickpeas, oil, salt and black pepper in large bowl. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet with edges.
- Bake 15 minutes or until chickpeas begin to brown, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Sprinkle with chili powder and ground red pepper. Bake 5 minutes or until dark golden-red. Serve with lime wedges. Makes 2 servings.
- Recipe source: Diabetic Cooking magazine.