Pumpkin-Walnut Snackin' Muffins
Pumpkin-Walnut MuffinsCrumb Topping: (Preheat oven to 350 degrees)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ½ cup white flour, ¼ cup granulated sugar, ¼ cup packed light or dark brown sugar, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, and ¼ teaspoon ground allspice.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons no-trans-fat tub margarine - cut it into the flour mixture until coarse crumbles. Set aside.
- Coat 24 muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In medium bowl whisk together 1½ cups granulated sugar or sugar-substitute-for-baking, 1 cup white flour, ½ cup whole wheat flour, ½ cup ground walnuts, 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground allspice, and 1½ teaspoons baking soda.
- In large bowl stir together 1 (15-ounce) can solid-pack unsweetened pumpkin, 4 eggs (or 1 cup egg substitutes), ½ cup canola oil (or unsweetened applesauce) and ½ cup walnut oil.
- Stir the flour mixture into liquids just until dry ingredients are moistened (do not over mix). Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Sprinkle evenly with crumb topping. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes in the pans, then transfer to a wire rack. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. Yields 24 muffins