It is so appealing to look for a diet or weight loss plan that promises a weight loss of many pounds per week. But if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Slow and steady is the answer for gradual healthy weight loss, and then maintenance.The recipe for weight loss is simple: fewer calories + daily exercise = weight loss. Tah-dah!!Saving just 100 calories each and every day for one year will result in 10 pounds lost.Ways to save 100 calories:
- Switch from whole milk to skim or 1% milk
- Sweeten your coffee with stevia sugar substitute rather than sugar or honey
- "Fry” your eggs in vegetable cooking spray rather than oil or margarine
- Use fat-free cream cheese on your bagel rather than regular cream cheese
- Add lettuce and tomato slices to your sandwich rather than a slice of cheese
- Switch from oil-packed tuna to water-packed tuna
Here is the newest non-calorie cooking spray from Smart Balance.