Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large pot.
- Add 1 medium finely chopped red onion and sauté until tender.
- Add 1 lb. ground lean beef or turkey breast.
- Cook, breaking up the meat until crumbled and browned, about 10 minutes.
- Drain any grease.
- Drain 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans.
- Add to the cooked meat.
- Add 2 cups picante sauce, 1 cup no-salt-added canned tomatoes, 1 tablespoon chili powder, and 1 teaspoon minced garlic.
- Simmer until serving time, for at least 15 minutes.
- Scoop out the insides of 6 already-baked potatoes.
- Place on a baking sheet with skin side up. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes in hot oven.
- Serve hot chili in potato skin "bowl".
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese.
- Garnish with reduced-fat sour cream, if desired.
Serve 2-3 chili-filled potato skins per person.