Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 10x8-inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
Make the white chili:
- Evenly spread 2 cups gluten-free corn chips on the bottom of the baking dish.
Assemble the pie:
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large saucepan. Add 1 small diced yellow onion and sauté until slightly tender. Add 1 pound ground turkey breast, breaking it up into small pieces. Cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add 2 (14.5-ounce) cans drained, rinsed pinto or navy beans, 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles, 1 (4-ounce) can rinsed green chiles, ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 teaspoon dried cumin, ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper and ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper. Stir together.
- Add 3 (14.5-ounce) cans gluten-free, reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth and stir to combine. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or in the slow cooker all day on LOW heat.
Makes 6 servings.
- Evenly spread the white chili over the corn chips in the baking dish. Stir together 1 (14.5-ounce) can rinsed and drained pinto beans and 1 teaspoon gluten-free Mexican or Southwest seasoning. Spread evenly over the chili. Pour 1 cup gluten-free salsa over the pinto beans. Top with 1 cup shredded reduce-fat cheddar or Mexican cheese blend, and then top with 2 cups gluten-free corn chips slightly crushed on the top. Bake in hot oven for 25 minutes or until the casserole is bubbly. Serve piping hot.