Chocolate-Cream PIe, Gluten-Free
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 cups crisp gluten-free rice cereal
*2 cups homemade chocolate pudding – made with cornstarch, cocoa powder, sugar and milk
- Spray 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl combine peanut butter and corn syrup; stir until blended. Stir in rice cereal until coated. Press into bottom and up sides of pie plate. Loosely cover and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Pour chilled chocolate pudding into pie plate. Cover the top with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Makes 9 servings.
Homemade Chocolate Pudding
2½ tablespoons cocoa powder
½ cup sugar
2 cups milk, divided
3 tablespoons cornstarch
¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Measure cocoa powder into a saucepan. Whisk in enough water to make a smooth paste. Stir in sugar and salt. Add 1½ cups milk, reserving ½ cup.
- Heat cocoa/milk mixture over medium heat, stirring regularly, to boiling. Meanwhile, mix cornstarch and ½ cup milk together.
- When cocoa/milk mixture reaches a boil, whisk in cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly. Bring back to a boil and cook and stir for 1 minute until thickened.
- Remove pudding from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour pudding into individual dishes, a large bowl or prepared pie crust. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.