1¼ cups old-fashioned oats
¾ cup whole-wheat flour
½ cup chopped pecans
½ cup sugar substitute or granulated sugar
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons reduced-fat soft tub margarine
1 (20-ounce) can no-sugar-added or light cherry pie filling or 3 cups berries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place oats, flour, pecans, sugar substitute, brown sugar, cinnamon and baking soda in food processor. Add margarine and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbles.
- Remove ¾ cup crumb mixture and set aside. Press remaining crumbs into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven, spoon cherry pie or berries filling evenly over crust, and sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture on top.
- Bake an additional 20-25 minutes or until topping is browned. Makes 12 bars.