vegetable cooking spray
1¼ cups flour – half can be whole wheat or white wheat
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups bran flake cereal
1 cup fat-free milk
1 egg, beaten
1 large apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
½ cup natural applesauce
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and
3. In large bowl stir together cereal and milk. Let sit for 3 minutes.
4. Add apple, applesauce, sugar, and oil to the cereal-milk
mixture. Stir to combine. Add in flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
It will be lumpy and that is okay.
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3
full. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 12 muffins.