History of the RMH Auxiliary
The RMH Auxiliary was created in 1911, when community members from the Harrisonburg-Rockingham County area came together for a common cause—to encourage community support and gather financial resources to help make Sentara RMH Medical Center a reality.
RMH Volunteer Auxiliary
Today, the RMH Volunteer Auxiliary (RMHVA) is made up of working and retired men and women, college students and teenagers who provide support and assistance to Sentara RMH patients, families and visitors.
The RMH Volunteer Auxiliary is open to those interested in:
- supporting the mission of the Sentara RMHVA and the hospital;
- providing volunteer service to those served by Sentara RMH;
- supporting the special events and projects of the RMH Volunteer Auxiliary.
RMH Volunteer Auxiliary Membership Options
Junior Volunteers......... Ages 14-17 / no dues
Service Volunteers........ Adults over 18 / no dues
Non-service Members..... $15 annual dues
Non-service members support the mission and goals of the Sentara RMHVA, but do not provide volunteer service at Sentara RMH.
How Sentara RMH volunteers serve our community
Sentara RMH volunteers are people just like you who offer their time and energy to helping our community and enhancing the quality of care provided to patients and visitors of Sentara RMH. Volunteers can choose the amount of time they give to Sentara RMH, whether it’s a few hours a week or a few days a month. Some of the ways in which volunteers serve include:
The RMH Volunteer Auxiliary makes possible some very special projects in the hospital, including:
- Comfort toys, which are provided to pediatric patients to help comfort them during a test, treatment or surgical procedure;
- Financial support—each year, the Sentara RMHVA makes a financial gift to the hospital through the RMH Foundation. This gift is used to purchase medical equipment and fill other special needs of the hospital.
For more information, call Sentara RMH Volunteer Services at 540-689-6400 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planning a visit to Sentara RMH? Take a tour of our campus before you come.
Talk to Us
Sentara RMH appreciates your feedback.
Sign up for updates and news from Sentara RMH!
Enter your email address below to receive health and news updates from RMHOnline.com!