RMH thanks its healthcare access staff during National Healthcare Access Personnel Week, April 1-7, for their role as goodwill ambassadors to the public.
Healthcare Access Personnel include registration and scheduling team members who help RMH patients access health care at the hospital.
“All of us at RMH are proud of the efforts put forth by our registration and scheduling team,” said Mike Burris, CFO, Sentara Blue Ridge Region. “They are an important part of our hospital because of their ability to treat our patients in a caring and efficient manner during the access process.”
In 2012, RMH healthcare access personnel:
- Registered 14,002 inpatient visitors.
- Registered 61,523 emergency department patients.
- Registered 139,623 outpatient visitors.
- Received 248,367 scheduling-related phone calls.
- Scheduled 60,875 patients for procedures and appointments.
National Healthcare Access Personnel Week was first observed in 1982. The annual celebration is sponsored by the National Association of Healthcare Access Management.