History of the RMH Auxiliary
The RMH Auxiliary was created in 1911, when community members from the Harrisonburg-Rockingham County area came together for a common cause—to encourage community support and gather financial resources to help make Rockingham Memorial Hospital a reality.
RMH Volunteer Auxiliary
Today, the RMH Volunteer Auxiliary (RMHVA) is made up of working and retired men and women, college students and teenagers who provide support and assistance to RMH patients, families and visitors.
The RMH Volunteer Auxiliary is open to those interested in:
- supporting the mission of the RMHVA and the hospital;
- providing volunteer service to those served by RMH;
- supporting the special events and projects of the RMH Volunteer Auxiliary.
RMH Volunteer Auxiliary Membership Options
Junior Volunteers......... Ages 14-17 / no dues
Service Volunteers........ Adults over 18 / no dues
Non-service Members..... $15 annual dues
Non-service members support the mission and goals of the RMHVA, but do not provide volunteer service at RMH.
How RMH volunteers serve our community
RMH volunteers are people just like you who offer their time and energy to helping our community and enhancing the quality of care provided to patients and visitors of RMH. Volunteers can choose the amount of time they give to RMH, whether it’s a few hours a week or a few days a month. Some of the ways in which volunteers serve include:
The RMH Volunteer Auxiliary makes possible some very special projects in the hospital, including:
- Comfort toys, which are provided to pediatric patients to help comfort them during a test, treatment or surgical procedure;
- Financial support—each year, the RMHVA makes a financial gift to the hospital through the RMH Foundation. This gift is used to purchase medical equipment and fill other special needs of the hospital.
For more information, call RMH Volunteer Services at 540-689-6400 or e-mail email@example.com.