Occupational Health Center
Created in 1989 by Sentara RMH Medical Center, the Sentara RMH Occupational Health Center was established to serve as the primary resource for the healthcare needs of area businesses and industries. The Center is the area’s only clinic devoted exclusively to the medical treatment of injured workers, with provisions made for company-paid health services. The clinic operates independently, but is an affiliate of Sentara RMH Medical Center.
With a focus on high quality and consistent services, the clinic’s goal is to provide cost-effective care throughout the course of treatment. An experienced case manager coordinates the treatment and follow-up of all patients seen at the clinic, and works closely with the employer, employee and insurance carrier to ensure optimum recovery and minimal risk of further incidents.
The Sentara RMH Occupational Health Center offers:
- A case management program which works to return employees to their jobs as soon and as safely as possible;
- Worksite evaluations;
- Medical surveillance for hazardous material exposure;
- An on-site influenza immunization program;
- Slit Lamp for treating more extensive eye injuries;
- Employment entrance exams (including fitness for duty and return to work exams);
- Executive physicals;
- Drug screening programs (including pre-employment, post-accident and random testing);
- Table-top urine drug testing, offering fast, accurate results at the point of collection. This product delivers results in minutes, not hours, saving your company valuable time;
- Management of mandated programs, such as OSHA’s blood-borne pathogen standards (including Hepatitis B education and vaccination program) and AHERA’s asbestos screenings;
- Wellness-related programs;
- Information on any health-related topic.
In addition, The Sentara RMH Occupational Health Center offers employees and employers convenience, quality, value and experience.
Providers at this Location
- Accessible location
- Curbside parking
- Walk-in service (no appointment necessary for work related injuries or drug screens)
- Coordination of after-hours and multi-site services
- Pre-registration of company-paid services
- Consolidated billing for company-paid services (education, screenings, etc.)
- Availability of on-site medical staff
- Worksite programs
- Staff physicians dedicated solely to occupational medicine
- Certified Medical Review Officers (MRO) and Substance Abuse Professionals (SAP)
- Case manager to follow up with injured employees, employers and insurance carriers
- Occupational medicine “Best Practice” guidelines used in the care and treatment of occupational injuries and illnesses
- Outcome-oriented approach for the treatment and rehabilitation of work injuries
- Coordinated referrals
- NIDA-approved lab services for DOT drug screening
- Competitive pricing
- Cost-effective treatment approach
- Injury tracking
- Immediate follow-up for employees treated in clinic
- Next morning follow-up for employees seen after-hours
- Ongoing status updates through case management
- Open line of communication between medical staff and employer
- Sentara RMH instituted its own worker’s compensation management program in 1990.
- Sentara RMH worker’s compensation experience modification factor fell from 1.5 in 1987 to .23 in 2000.
- Sentara RMH worker’s compensation premiums have been lowered by hundreds of thousands of dollars as a result of the reduction in experience modification factor.
Planning a visit to Sentara RMH? Take a tour of our campus before you come.
Talk to Us
Sentara RMH appreciates your feedback.
Sign up for updates and news from Sentara RMH!
Enter your email address below to receive health and news updates from RMHOnline.com!