Financial AssistanceFinancial Assistance Application (English | Español)
RMH Financial Assistance Policies
Part of the mission of RMH is to provide high-quality health care at the best possible price. Patients are treated equally and respectfully, regardless of their ability to pay. RMH recognizes that healthcare expenses are frequently unexpected and is committed to helping patients whose lives are interrupted by illness or injury. The following information summarizes the types of financial assistance offered by RMH.
- 45% discount for uninsured patients. This discount will be reflected on your first statement.
- Your bill may be paid online at rockingham.ixt.com.
- You may also pay your bill over the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling our interactive phone system at 877-505-9924.
Payment for the patient portion of your bill, or a deposit toward it, may be requested at pre-registration or at the time of service. Remaining patient balances are due upon receipt of the first billing statement. Failure to pay the patient balance due upon receipt of the first billing statement, or failure to establish an approved payment plan through the RMH Business Office will result in further collection activity. Such collection activity will include statements, automated phone calls, referral to a third party collection agency and/or legal action that could adversely affect your credit rating.
Federal, State or Local Assistance
Before any assistance is provided by RMH (see next section), patients must apply for and follow through with an application for federal, state or local assistance. These programs, such as Medicaid, exist to provide healthcare coverage to eligible patients. Representatives of these agencies are based at RMH and may visit you while you are a patient or mail you a letter offering their free assistance. If you receive a letter, please call to find out if you are eligible for any of these programs.
RMH Financial Assistance Program
Patients who are not eligible for any of the federal, state or local programs may be eligible for the RMH Financial Assistance Program. Note: You must apply for and follow through with an application for any federal, state or local assistance to be eligible for RMH Financial Assistance.
The program assists both uninsured and under-insured patients. In order to qualify, patients:
RMH financial assistance can only be used for RMH hospital bills; however, patients who receive assistance should let their other healthcare providers know in case those providers have similar programs.
- Must have received medically necessary, urgent or emergent services;
- Must meet income and asset guidelines (For example: Income below 4x Federal Poverty Level (FPL) for family size);
- Must have been screened for federal, state or local assistance;
- Must not have refused insurance coverage through their employers;
- Must complete a signed and witnessed financial assistance application and provide proof of income and assets.
- Applications will be reviewed and patients who qualify will be awarded full or partial assistance with their hospital bills.
Please contact the RMH Business Office at 540-564-5442 or 800-858-0383 for more information or to request an application for financial assistance.
Planning a visit to RMH? Take a tour of our campus before you come.
Talk to Us
RMH appreciates your feedback.
Sign up for updates and news from RMH!
Enter your email address below to receive health and news updates from RMHOnline.com!