Financial AssistanceFinancial Assistance Policy (English | Español)
Financial Assistance Application (English | Español)
Sentara RMH Financial Assistance Policies
Sentara RMH strives to provide high-quality health care at the best possible price. Patients are treated equally and respectfully, regardless of their ability to pay. Sentara RMH recognizes that healthcare expenses are frequently unexpected and is committed to helping patients whose lives are interrupted by illness or injury. The following information summarizes the types of financial assistance offered by Sentara RMH Medical Center.
- 45% discount for uninsured patients who pay their entire account balance within 30 days of the first billing statement. Otherwise, the discount shall be 35%.
- Your bill may be paid online at rockingham.ixt.com.
- You may also pay your bill over the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling our interactive phone system at 877-505-9924.
Payment for the patient portion of your bill, or a deposit toward it, may be requested at pre-registration or at the time of service. Remaining patient balances are due upon receipt of the first billing statement. Failure to pay the patient balance due upon receipt of the first billing statement, or failure to establish an approved payment plan through the Sentara RMH Business Office will result in further collection activity. Such collection activity will include statements, automated phone calls, referral to a third party collection agency and/or legal action that could adversely affect your credit rating.
Federal, State or Local Assistance
Before any assistance is provided by Sentara RMH (see next section), patients must apply for and follow through with an application for federal, state or local assistance. These programs, such as Medicaid, exist to provide healthcare coverage to eligible patients. Representatives of these agencies are based at Sentara RMH and may visit you while you are a patient or mail you a letter offering their free assistance. If you receive a letter, please call to find out if you are eligible for any of these programs.
Sentara RMH Financial Assistance Program
Patients who are not eligible for any of the federal, state or local programs may be eligible for the Sentara RMH Financial Assistance Program. Note: You must apply for and follow through with an application for any federal, state or local assistance to be eligible for Sentara RMH Financial Assistance. Note: You must apply for and follow through with an application for any federal, state or local assistance to be eligible for Sentara RMH Financial Assistance.
The program assists both uninsured and under-insured patients. In order to qualify, patients:
Please contact the Sentara RMH Business Office at 540-564-5442 or 800-858-0383 for more information.
- Must have received medically necessary, urgent or emergent services;
- Must meet income and asset guidelines;
- Must have been screened for federal, state or local assistance;
- Must complete a signed financial assistance application and provide proof of income and assets.
- Applications will be reviewed and patients who qualify will be awarded full or partial assistance with their hospital bills.
Planning a visit to Sentara RMH? Take a tour of our campus before you come.
Talk to Us
Sentara RMH appreciates your feedback.
Sign up for updates and news from Sentara RMH!
Enter your email address below to receive health and news updates from RMHOnline.com!