About Joint Replacement and Spine Surgery at RMH
We offer unique joint replacement and spine surgery programs.
Within our hospital, we have created a special area just for the care of our joint replacement and spine surgery patients. No hospital gowns for this crowd . . . you get to wear your own clothes!
Our goal isn’t to just provide surgery. Our focus for each and every patient is to help you get back to the life you were meant to live.
Our staff has been hand-picked for their positive attitudes, motivational skills and their desire to provide outstanding service.
In addition, they have been specially trained to provide comprehensive clinical care for patients undergoing these important procedures.
Features of our programs include:
- Dedicated nurses and therapists
- A joint and spine care coordinator who coordinates all pre-operative care and discharge planning
- Casual clothes (no drafty gowns!)
- Private rooms
- Family and friends participating as coaches in the recovery process
- Group lunches with your coach and staff (joint replacement and spine surgery patients)
- A comprehensive patient handbook for you to follow from six weeks before surgery until three months after surgery and beyond
- Quarterly luncheons for former patients and coaches
- Newsletters to update you with new information during your hospital stay
- Educational seminars
Hip Replacement: Total hip replacement is a surgical procedure where the worn out surfaces of the hip are replaced with man-made components. [Download Brochure PDF]
Hip Resurfacing: The main difference between with hip
resurfacing is that far less bone is removed than with a hip
replacement. Hip resurfacing involves reshaping the femoral head to
receive a metal “cap.” This procedure is most commonly recommended for
younger patients with severe arthritis of the hip. [Download Brochure PDF]
Knee Replacement: Total knee replacement is a surgical
procedure where the worn out surfaces of the knee are resurfaced with
metal and plastic components. [Download Brochure PDF]
Partial Knee Replacement: Partial replacement is a
minimally-invasive surgical procedure that resurfaces the worn,
arthritic surfaces of the knee joint with metal and plastic components.
[Download Brochure PDF]
an operation to stabilize the lower back by creating bony bridges between at least two vertebrae and eliminating motion between them.
The surgical removal of the lamina, or part of the lamina, on one or more of the vertebrae in the lower back.
Cervical Discectomy and Fusion:
A surgical procedure performed on the neck region of the spine to help relieve pressure on nerves and perhaps on the spine cord itself.