This Year, I'm Going to . . .
Making resolutions at the start of a New Year makes sense, doesn't it? We're experiencing the end of a chapter in life while marking the beginning of our future. It's the perfect time to both reflect and project.
Many people make resolutions to lose weight and to exercise more. And the employees at RMH can't argue with those ideas! But here are a few other resolutions that we encourage you to try for 2012 (just in case you were looking for some new ideas):
- Schedule a Heart Check appointment. Heart Check is a screening for heart disease that determines your personal risk factors. It's one of our most popular programs. Learn more about it at RMHHeartandvascular.com.
- Get more sleep! If you struggle with going to sleep, staying asleep, feeling tired in the mornings, or any other sleep-related issue, call the RMH Center for Sleep Medicine. Physician referral not required! 437-8230.
- Give blood. The heart of winter is always a slow time for blood donations. Virginia Blood Services (which directly supports RMH) is ALWAYS looking for blood donors, but particularly this time of year. Consider giving - it's quick, easy, and you get a cookie when you're done. VBS is now located on Neff Avenue.
- Become a volunteer. The Volunteer Services program at RMH is filled with great opportunities for you to give back to your community. And there are so many different jobs you can do. Tell us what you're interested in and when you want to volunteer, and we'll take care of the rest! Call 689-6413 to learn more.
- Schedule your colonoscopy. Not the most pleasant of resolutions, but a very important one. If you're over age 50, you should have a colonoscopy. Did you know that if everyone followed the recommended guidelines for screenings, HALF of lives lost to colon cancer would be saved?
- Schedule your mammogram. Again, not the most pleasant of resolutions, but incredible important. RMH and the RMH Women's Center follow the American Cancer Society's recommendations that all women age 40 and older have an annual mammogram. To schedule yours, call the Women's Center at 433-4641.
- Schedule your physical. Remember that person in the white coat with a stethoscope? Yeah, your doctor. You two need to get reacquainted! If you need help finding a physician, call Healthsource at 564-7200. They'll help match you with the physician that best meets the needs of you and your family.
This record has been viewed 350