Bariatric Tip of the Week: Tips to Avoid Holiday Weight Gain
As the holiday season approaches, we face a challenging time for many people who are trying to lose weight. It can be difficult when we are inundated by Christmas goodies, holiday cocktails, and limited time to exercise. However, your weight doesn't have to suffer; A little planning and discipline can really pay off. Make it your goal to hold steady (or even lose weight) during this holiday season!
Here are some goals for holiday parties and family meals:
- Always bring a healthy dish to share with the group; this will ensure that there is at least one healthy item that you can enjoy.
- If you look forward to cooking around the holidays, give these goodies away as gifts.
- Eat a high protein snack before attending a party or dinner. It will help to prevent overeating and poor food choices.
- Make time for exercise; just like you schedule time for Christmas and grocery shopping.
- If you are having guests to your house, try to prepare and prep food ahead of time.
- Make a family tradition of helping others during the holidays, instead of sitting down for your own meal. This will save you a lot of time and calories!
This record has been viewed 369