Valley Behavioral Medicine
Sentara RMH Valley Behavioral Medicine (VBM) is a group psychiatric practice providing high quality evaluation and treatment for psychiatric and addictive disorders.
The staff at VBM includes fully licensed physicians physicians and nurse practitioners who can diagnose and treat all major psychiatric illnesses, including:
- Bipolar (Manic-Depressive) Disorder
- Other mood disorders
- Anxiety, Panic and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Schizophrenia or other disorders characterized by psychotic symptoms (paranoia, hallucinations)
- Issues related to aging
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating disorders
- Substance abuse
- Sexual dysfunction
If you are a current patient and would like to request a prescription refill, call or fax:
Please have the following information ready:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Medication name (please spell)
- Medication dose and frequency
- Pharmacy name, location and phone number
Please allow a 48-hour turn around time for refills (during weekday working hours). Telephone requests for prescription refills may result in a $5 processing fee.
Hours of Operation
Patients are seen by appointment only. Hours of operation are
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
540-564-7007 or toll-free, 877-743-6416
After hours, call the Sentara RMH Switchboard at 540-689-1000 or 800-543-2201, toll-free. The Switchboard Operator will direct your call. In an emergency, always dial 911.
Patients are seen on an appointment basis.
- When scheduling an appointment, please inform us of any recent hospital or emergency room visits.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please contact our office 24 hours in advance to avoid the $50 missed appointment fee. Excessive absences will result in dismissal from the practice.
- New patients: Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment to allow time for check-in and completion of necessary paperwork.
- Existing patients: Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Please bring all current prescription and non-prescription medications with you. Please also bring any supplements you take.
- Check in with the receptionist at each visit, present your insurance card and notify us of any changes in your address or telephone number. Medicaid patients must have current cards on each visit.
- If you are self-pay or uninsured, payment in full is expected at the time of your visit. If you are self-pay, we do offer a 20% discount for office visit charges that are paid in full at the time of the visit.
- We bill all types of insurances; however, you are responsible for your insurance co-pay. You will be expected to pay this at the time of your visit. You are also responsible for non-covered fees, deductibles and no- show charges. We accept major credit cards, debit cards, checks and cash.
- Please check with your insurance company in advance to determine if preauthorization is required for your visit.
- Please avoid using your cell phone in the clinic.